Submitted on 6/9/2016 by John for Asian Theme Week (the week of 6/26/2016)
Author bio: Contributing Author for JaquesKitchen.com
Recipe country of origin Hong Kong
Description: This is a simple Ginger and Pineapple Chicken dish named for the the ancient walled city of the same name in Hong Kong.
3 lbs chicken
Salt and Pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 can pineapple slices
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbs vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Quarter the Pineapple slices.
- Spread quartered Pinapple and Water chestnuts over chicken.
- Make ginger sauce by combining ginger, garlic, broth, and syrup from pineapple.
- Pour Ginger Sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar. Stir into pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce slightly thickens
3 thoughts on “Kowloon Chicken”